Wednesday 13 January 2010

Round Two

That's round two done - 4 lots of blood and what will most probably be a nice big bruise on the back of my hand. I must admit even though I rarely eat chocolate in work I am really craving a bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk at this moment in time. Question is do I brave the cold and run to the shop.


While I was at the hospital my cancer nurse, Su, came to see me and gave me a start date of next Wednesday for the first 5 day cycle of chemo which means I will be in hospital over the weekend. I've got to start thinking of what to pack as it is apparently very boring if you don't have anything to do with the chemo taking about eight hours to be administered through a drip. There is a rest period between each eight hour session where I can leave the hospital but at the moment I don't know how long this period is or what the chemo/rest cycles are. When I told Sam she almost immediately started thinking about scheduling visitors but she did say she wanted to be with me as much as possible. It's going to be hard on her especially at the weekends I'm in but we have started the preparation work to give the house a lick of paint so hopefully she will be spending some of her weekend time with a paintbrush in her hand.

The one thing I am glad about is that, according to the BBC weather, the snow will be all but gone by Wednesday so travelling for us and anybody else who wants to come and visit should be much easier now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.