Tuesday 12 January 2010

Have to cut out the coffee and chocolate from about 10pm tonight in preparation for the kidney test tomorrow. Got to be at the hospital for about 10am tomorrow (Wednesday) to have an injection of radioactive chromium but the letter from the NHS does re-assure me that I won't become radioactive so no nice green glow around me after, then back again two hours after for blood to be taken then more taken every half hour until they have 4 samples. It's a good job your body can replenish blood quite quickly otherwise I would be almost empty now with the amount that has been taken.

I've noticed over the weeks that the people you least want taking blood from you are the doctors. Even as a kid running around the streets & fields where my parents live I never had bruises the size of those caused by a doctor jabbing a needle into my arm for pre-op blood. Most nurses on the other hand can extract blood and only leave a mark the size of the needle without inflicting any pain at all.

Yesterday Sam, my wife, managed to get an appointment at the dentist, who was most helpful when told it was a pre-requisite for my Chemo, for this Friday so I can have my tooth extracted.

Sam by the way has been the best throughout everything so far but will, I think, be pushed much further during the long hours in the hospital day after day even though I have told her she doesn't need to be there with me at all times, the being at home at night time preparing her own dinner, as I usually do the cooking, I think it will be as tough if not more so on her as it will be on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.