Tuesday 19 January 2010

Here We Go

Its all kicked off. Got here for 9am and was the first on the bay but because this is my first cycle and my induction would take longest I had to wait till last to be sorted. Must admit they do look after you very well here, had the cook come up asking what I wanted for lunch from the selection but also offered me sandwiches & soup. The lunch meals can be a soup and main if you want both, not sure about the evening meal yet but the cook did get me some cereals for breakfast as I left too early this morning to have any at home.

The nurse looking after me has been very thorough so far explaining what I will be going through during my first cycle which drugs and saline should take about 6 hours. I'm in a small room with four beds all now taken. The guy next to me is on his second cycle and one guy opposite is on his third cycle but I'm not sure about the fourth guy yet. All this I have gathered through overhearing conversations they have had with the doctors & nurses as none of us have spoken to each other yet.

I know they have to go through all the side effects that might happen but some of them sound as though they can be painful, irritating or annoying and possibly more that one of these at a time. Two of the guys here have almost lost the hair on their heads and the guy next to me has very little hair. Have to remember my hat to keep my head warm if I loose what little hair I have. 


Had a few messages of support from family and friends which is very comforting and much appreciated. I think it also helps Sam to know there are others thinking of us as this will also have a great effect on her during the next nine weeks and probably longer. She says that she wants to be here with me as much as possible but it will be hard to be sat here for hours at a time just trying to pass the time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.