Thursday 21 January 2010

Another Day, Another Drip

Day two finished about 12:30 this morning. Having a few small issues with a bit of water retention & swelling of my hand and the cannula giving me a bit of pain so it will be moved to my right hand before today kicks off. As for the water retention, I have put on 5 kilos since I got here on Tuesday morning and if the swelling & weight doesn't start to decrease then they will give me some medication to stop me retaining so much.


Anyway after a late finish, watching the Matrix to pass the time, I was up again for a pee stop at about 6am this morning, then again up at 7am for temperature, BP & pulse checking, then just after 8 to place my breakfast order. Went for the cooked breakfast, bacon, scrambled egg & tomato followed by marmalade on toast. I could get used to this. The food in general has been quite good but I do have some personal gripes. I went for quiche for lunch yesterday but skipped on the potato as I usually don't eat a lot for lunch and received a slice about 2.5cm wide and 6cm long. I thought this was like a wine being  served in a posh restaurant, you get a small taster in the glass before the waiter fills it.

Had a nice escape to Starbucks for a decent coffee this morning and thanks to Sam getting me a flask from there yesterday it stayed nice and hot the whole time. It was good to get some fresh air and stretch my legs after being sat on a bed for most of the last two days. Had the consultant here when I got back and after chatting with him everything seems to be going OK so far, apart from the odd side effects.


Just been moved down to the ward I should have been on to start with but, stupidly, it doesn't feel as comfortable as ward 62 and there is a draft coming through the window I'm next to so not as warm as the old bed.


Started today's round at just gone mid-day so should be expected to finish about 6pm to 7pm tonight, an early night by comparison to the last two so going to finish off watching the Matrix.


There you go Jo, some babble for you to read at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.