Wednesday 20 January 2010

One Down Fourteen to Go

At last the treatment has started. Yesterdays first day didn't finish until half past midnight this morning and apart from a blip at about 3am this morning when I was woken with nausea pains that lasted about 15 minutes and a call of nature the night wasn't too bad but then it's only one day of drugs. I will be well chuffed if the rest of the week continues as it has so far.

It's very quiet up here at 10:30am. I thought things would be a lot more lively than this. Two of the guys in this little room are dosing but I've had breakfast, showered and changed ready for the excitement the day brings.


Had a nice early morning call from my niece asking how I was and then going on to comparing breakfasts. Apparently, considering she is only five, she is quite worried about me where her brother, my three year old nephew, just thinks I've got a 'sicky belly'.


They should be able to bring today's treatment forward and the nurse said they should be able to start at about 3pm. Still be well into the evening when I'm still attached to the drip but does mean a much earlier finish.

Would just like to say two personal things:
1. Sis, you need an old fashioned alarm clock with hands so it doesn't matter if it's AM or PM, anyway forgot to say hope you managed to get to work on time.
2. Sis-in-law, thanks for your text and I know all of the family on the outside will do whatever they can to help Sam as much as me through these next few months.

I can't say it enough but no matter how confident & positive I feel it is such an encouragement to get the supportive texts and emails from people. I'm really sure it does make things at least a little better for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.